Friday, January 04, 2013

Quitting Smoking - Day 4

Wake up today with a full-on head cold, or allergies (not sure which yet). Sneezing like CRAZY (I just sneezed so hard I half-sneezed three times in rapid-fire succession. Yep, machine gun fire sneezes - I told you: CRAZY) Constantly blowing/wiping my nose. Took DayQuil and Cold-Eez, neither of which seem to have done anything. Poo.

Cravings still aren't too bad. Although, I have to admit I've "cheated" a little, taking one puff off of an old half-cigarette forgotten in an ash tray in the far reaches of the porch here and there today. Sue me: I don't feel good. The puffs on the cigarette didn't necessarily make me feel any better, but it made me a little less miserable, I guess.

So, I'm still not a "quitter," but I haven't bought any since Monday afternoon (morning, maybe), and I think in total I may have smoked 2 whole cigarettes. This ain't easy, man. At times I feel like a crack-head or something ("just one hit, man... "). Maybe I should take up smoking crack... I hear it's easier to quit (JUST KIDDING!!!!!)

Tomorrow is my 8th wedding anniversary, so I don't know if I will be here to keep you posted on my progress or not. If not, talk to you on Sunday!

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Megan - I'm sorry that you've been sick! I hope you're feeling better soon. So glad to hear that you're quitting (it is a process) smoking! You can do it! --Kathy