Tuesday, February 27, 2007

The Cologne Monster, a Nasty Bug, and a Fridge

During high school, we would often visit family friends of ours during our trips to West Virginia. My friend, Susan, had a friend named Cameron who would occasionally visit while we were there. Cameron, I believe, must have been hard of smelling, for he wore WAY too much “Preferred Stock” cologne. (If you’re not familiar with this particular cologne, visit your local Meijer or Kmart and check out their fragrance section- you should be able to find it there.) Now, this particular scenario has been locked away in the far reaches of my memory for well over 10 years. “So why dust it off now?” you ask. Well, there’s a new / temp guy who bathed in the exact same cologne this morning, who is sitting in the cube next to me. The pungent odor is almost overwhelming, and giving me a serious headache.

Add to that the fact that I am recovering from a nasty little bug that showed up late Friday, and has kept me out of commission until late yesterday afternoon. It’s been a long time since I’ve had a fever over 101ยบ… I’m hoping that I’ll be able to eat something today.

On a happy note, I am now the proud owner of my very own new-to-me fridge! Yeah, big whoop, but just about everything I own is a hand-me-down, so I’m excited!

No comments: