Thursday, January 18, 2007

As I mentioned, Bill has started school. We got him a great drafting table/desk from my work, and he’s all set to get down to business. He’s taking a manual drafting class, as well as a CAD class. He’s also taking a Computer Diagnostic class, which will be a big help the next time the computer acts up. He took a friend along yesterday to buy his books, and his friend decided that he wanted to go to school, too. To quote a Rocky movie, “Be a thinker, not a stinker” (translation: why break your back when you can use your head).

As for me, I’m working hard. I’m a “contract employee” working with the Industrial Process group at an Architecture and Engineering Firm here in downtown Toledo. We’ve got a huge project in the works, with at least another year’s worth of work to do. Learning a new CAD program called MicroStation, which is fairly backwards from the programs I’m used to. But I enjoy a challenge, so don’t think I’m complaining. In my “down time,” I’m trying to design a house. (The house I’ll build when I’m filthy rich: ha ha) Here’s a look at the front view of it, which was my starting point. By the time I’m done, I expect the house to be totally 3D and beable to “walk” through it.

1 comment:

Dad said...

Waah! Just lost a LONG reply!
Dad