Friday, June 09, 2006

Flashback...

Today, I spent the better part of my day backing up data. From 5 1/4 floppies. I must say, they really took me back to childhood. No real memories per se, but vauge recollections. Like the pink Datalife sleeves remind me of Cathy's old apartment off of Holland-Sylvania.

Remember the old text-based adventure games? The ones where you meet up with an ogre and it asks you what you want to do. You type in "kill the ogre," and it tells you it doesn't understand the word "kill." Those drove me nuts! I could never figure out how to kill the stupid ogre!

Aah, the good-old-days.

2 comments:

Dad said...

Remember the colored floppies (red, orange, yellow) for the Apple? You had your own floppy. I still have an Apple ][ at the house for the kids. Last week I found Andrew playing Sticky Bear Bop. Deja Vu, all over again.

Anonymous said...

Have your favorite songs from when you grew up become "oldies" yet? I can't believe that the hits from my school days are 20 (!) years old! On the soft rock stations, they now start with my school days decade ("songs from the '80s, '90s, and today"). Wait, you have a machine that takes a floppy?! Isn't that dinosaur era? :-) -Kathy