Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Seeing the World Through New Eyes

I had an epiphany on Sunday. Well, I think that's the right word. Anyway, on to the story.

I was talking with someone who was struggling with the evil in his life. I was telling him about God's love and forgiveness, and helping him to understand that he was worthy of both. After about 30 minutes of this, a strange feeling came over me. My hands began to shake, and I felt light-headed and breathless. There was such a sense of peace that consumed me. I realized that the Holy Spirit had taken over my body and was speaking to this person through me. I was so thrilled and thankful for the opportunity, I felt an uncontrollable urge to share it with my family. I drove the 15 miles to my parents' house to find that they were out of town. Luckily, my sister and her tribe were home, so I got to share my experience with her.

On Monday, I awoke early. My husband and I went to breakfast with his brother and cousin. Everything I saw was somehow more beautiful and awe-inspiring. Tree trunks were especially intriguing. God came into me and filled me, and gave me a new look on life. For those of you who know about the struggles I've had lately, you know that this new outlook came none too soon.

2 comments:

joy madison said...

so cool! Those experiences are so rad, you HAVE to tell someone!

elissa said...

very cool! (by the way, joy is a good friend of mine, she probably followed a link in my blog ot yours!)
e