Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Daddy's little girl

I am daddy's little girl. It doesn't matter that I'm old enough to have my own children, I'm still my daddy's little girl. That means different things to different people. To me, it means that there is a special bond between my dad and me. We're a lot alike. My dad is VP of Engineering at his company... after a little soul searching (ok, a lot of searching), I went to college to study Engineering (the design aspect anyway). We both joined an academic fraternity in college... I think it's cool to work on cars... Neither one of us can stand to be around a bunch of women for an extended amount of time without male reinforcements... I like going to car races and loud cars...

Being a daddy's girl, most importantly, means that I need my dad's support in all I do. I want him to be proud of me. Looking back at the past 27 years (ok, the past 20), I'm amazed at the stunts I pulled. And I am learning what it means to love unconditionally. This is something that I have never experienced outside of my own family, and didn't know was possible until I met my Bill. I know that my family was a bit shocked about my divorce and my remarriage to Bill. But I think that they might understand now. I was terrified to tell my dad about Bill (I think that I may be the first divorce in the family). But sometimes you have to admit that you made a bad decision, and that I did. Dad and I didn't speak much for a few months before I finally sucked it up and told him: and that killed me, not talking to him. Thank you, dad for being understanding about everything, and for accepting Bill with open arms. You have no idea how happy that made me. I love you, daddy.

1 comment:

elissa said...

thats funny. I"m a momma's girl. THROUGH AND THROUGH, I can't stand the idea of moving far away from home...