Monday, April 18, 2005

Growing Up

I am starting to notice signs that I'm an adult (at 28, you'd think I'd grown up already). All of a sudden, I realize that I am not a kid anymore... and I don't like it. My dad has gone overseas for work. I asked my mom to have him let me know that he made it safely to his destination. This is something that my grandmother always had him do. I don't know that I was necessarily afraid of a plane crash: I've flown over the same ocean myself. I'm not afraid to fly, and I know that it is safer to travel by air than by car. But all of a sudden, I am a worrier. My dad says he'll never grow up... I'm going to have to try harder not to grow up too much myself. Life's too short to take things too seriously.

1 comment:

elissa said...

I'll just call you granny!
ya ol' worry wart! Just wait until you're a mom!
elissa